Inspired by All Things Fadra’s post I’ve compiled a list (yay!) of 100 Things About Me. Everything listed below is 100% true. I found this very difficult because I would REALLY think about what I wanted to share before adding it. I had fun though because re-reading what I wrote paints an interesting picture about who I am without really telling you anything about who I am. Does that make sense?
1. I was born in Toronto
2. The hospital I was born in no longer exists
3. My sister is 7 years older than me
4. My brother is 2 years younger than me.
5. I often suffer from Middle Child Syndrome
6. I’ve named all of our family dogs: Boomer and Dooley.
7. Both of my parents were born & raised in Ireland
8. I once told a girl I worked with that my dad was in the IRA.
9. My sister is the sweetest bitch I know (totally grabbing that from Jersey Shore) and my brother is just sweet.
9. I am 5’8 1/4 tall.
10. I wish I was 5’10 like Cindy Crawford.
11. I spent my last semester of high school as an exchange student in Switzerland.
12. Being a redhead makes me very proud.
13. It took me 20 years to arrive at the previous conclusion.
14. My close friends like to call me Ambo.
15. You can call me amberherself.
16. I am a vegetarian.
17. I haven’t eaten red meat, pork or chicken for 2.5 years
18. I haven’t eaten fish for 1.5 years
19. My family firmly believes I will burst into flames upon entering any church.
20. I am NOT a morning person.
21. If I could eat anything right now, at this very moment, it would be the butterscotch pudding from Zingerman’s Roadhouse
22. If I could AVOID eating something right now, at this very moment, it would be pickles. YUCK!
23. I have an Honors BA in Sociology.
24. My mother believes I should be a writer.
25. Writing is fun but I don’t think I could make a living off of it.
26. I am a happily married woman.
27. My husband is American which is why I moved to Michigan.
28. You could say we met online.
29. I prefer saying we met & fell in love in Toronto.
30. The first song that played at my wedding was “First Day of My Life” by Bright Eyes
31. My favourite singer is Neko Case
32. I love going to concerts but haven’t been to one in at least two years
33. My first concert was KORN at the Air Canada Centre in Toronto.
34. I am a self diagnosed TV addict.
35. My favourite TV show is Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
36. My favourite book is either A Confederacy of Dunces or The Shadow of the Wind.
37. My favourite movie is the French film Amelie.
38. Even though I live in America, I will still spell favourite with a “U.”
39. I absolutely love horror movies.
40. By the time I was 16 I had seen almost all the horror movies available at the local video store.
41. My first job was at the local video store.
42. I am a movie geek.
43. I have visited the Toronto International Film Festival for the past 3 years and hope to make it this year.
44. Last year I met George Clooney at his film premiere and got to shake is bandaged hand!
45. I took acting and modelling lessons as a pre-teen.
46. I only booked one modelling gig, but it made me just over $200 for a 6 hour day. More than I make now!
47. My burgeoning career ended once I got braces :(
48. Favourite song to dance around my apartment to: The You and Me Song by The Wannadies.
49. Least favourite song to dance around my apartment to: Goodbye Horses by Q Lazzarus.
50. I do not have any tattoos.
51. I would love a tattoo but am scared I won’t like it.
52. I have 6 piercings. 2 in each ear, my left nostril and my navel.
53. I can play piano.
54. In 7th grade I played softball for 3/4 of a regular season.
55. I requested to be in the outfield.
56. Dogs are the best pet anyone could have.
57. If I had enough space I would have at least 4 dogs.
58. I am obsessed with popular culture.
59. One of my emails to Entertainment Weekly was published in the magazine.
60. I prefer red wine over white but will usually drink whatever is in front of me.
61. My favourite cocktail is vodka, club soda and a splash of cranberry juice. Gotta keep it low-cal!
62. In high school I was 20 pounds heavier than I am now.
63. To lose the 20 pounds I worked out almost every other day for an entire summer.
64. My favourite actor is Daniel Day-Lewis.
65. My favourite actress is Sarah Michelle Gellar.
66. I frequently stole 10 cent candy from the grocery store’s bulk section.
67. A few times I drove to the corner store without my learner’s permit.
68. I started going to clubs when I was 17.
69. I was over the bar scene by 21 (when I got engaged!)
70. I cheer for the Toronto Blue Jays
71. I cheer for the Dallas Cowboys but only because my husband does too.
72. My first NHL game was Leafs v Bruins in Boston
73. I bought my dog Dexter from the Kingston Humane Society.
74. I hated Dexter for the first five months of ownership, but we worked our our problems.
75. What I want to be when I grow up? Still have NO idea.
76. I worry that I do not have the drive needed to succeed.
77. I’m very glad my husband has that drive.
78. Thinking of 100 things about myself to share is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
79. Roller-coasters scared me until I was 14 years old.
80. I am now an adrenaline junkie.
81. If I don’t travel somewhere new once per year I get cabin fever.
82. I have read the photoblog I Keep a Diary for going on SEVEN years.
83. I renounced Catholicism at the age of 12.
84. My wedding ceremony didn’t have one mention of God, zero prayers and no blessings.
85. My wedding ceremony lasted about 15 minutes.
86. I am an atheist.
87. My first cigarette puff was at the tender age of 8.
88. I plan to read at least 100 books this year.
89. When I was 15 I kissed over 20 Mexicans. Too long of a story to explain here.
90. I learned how to snowboard in the St Mortiz. You know, the Swiss Alps. That’s how I roll.
91. I drank free Starbucks for an entire summer as an Irish barista had a crush on me.
92. I’ve learned that having red hair can actually pay off.
93. I am the whitest person I know. I mean that literally. I am very very white.
94. Hearing “but your freckles make you unique!” gives me rage.
95. I have a very bad potty mouth and enjoy using it.
96. I love to knit and proudly do so in public.
97. If I could afford it, I would get a boob job. Maybe a nose job for good measure.
98. Spending upwards of $250 on a pair of jeans is reasonable to me.
99. I want to have my first kid by the time I’m 30.
100. I miss my family and friends in Canada more than I can express.