Wow, I am terrible at blogging. I only posted twice in 2013. Major blogger fail. I don’t even think I can call myself a blogger with those kinds of numbers. Whatever! Like I always say, I only have a few faithful readers who will forgive me (Mom!).
Cool shit that happened in 2013 (in no particular order)
1. Visited Las Vegas in March with my mom. Met a time traveller (see my last post).
2. Vacationed in Ontario with the hubs and pups.
3. Took a job with a new company in August. “Leaned in” big time.
4. Ran my first 5K with the wonderful Not A Leaf. I should have blogged about it. Fail.
5. Cracked 900 Twitter followers. I’m surprised I have any considering I tweet mostly about what I’m watching on TV or Instagram pictures of my boys.
6. I bought a bicycle! While I didn’t ride it as much as I wanted, Aparna and I did get a few long and challenging rides in.
7. I saved up enough money to renovate our bathroom.
8. Started running. We bought a treadmill and I’m determined to become someone who likes running if it kills me.
9. Watched my brother and friends finish the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Half Marathon! They raised over $11 000 for colon cancer awareness and I couldn’t be more proud. I’ll always remember cheering them on at the finish line.
10. Went ice skating. Yeah I only went once but it was a lot of fun and something I hadn’t done in years so I’m counting it. It’s my list, ok!
11. Visited a new baseball stadium. Richard and I took in a Blue Jays game in Cleveland. They lost and we drove through torrential rain to get there, but it was spontaneous and memorable.
2013 was pretty rad and I’m excited for what 2014 will bring. There are a few things I hope to do…
1. Renovate the bathroom! I have the money. Just need to plan, pick stuff, and get someone to do it. The task is daunting.
2. Read 50 books. Every year I plan to read 50 and I fall short. Not this year. This year I will be a lean, mean, book reading machine.
3. Travel. Richard wants to visit Chicago and I want to visit somewhere we haven’t been. Colorado could be a good choice?
4. Explore Detroit. I’ve lived in Michigan almost 4 (FOUR!) years and I’ve been into Detroit maybe 3 times? If this is going to be my community for the foreseeable future I should go see what it’s all about.
5. Explore Ann Arbor. There are very “Ann Arbor” things I haven’t done yet. I’d like to take in a show at the Ark, check out some events at U of M, visit some new parks, take a kayak out on the Huron River.
6. Run another 5k. Now that I know what it’s all about I plan to take on another run.
7. Do more stuff during the week. That’s probably lame but I really don’t do anything fun during the week – except “A&A night” where Aparna and I hang out and watching movies/TV. Maybe I’ll start going to the movies every Tuesday. The possibilities are endless.
8. Use my camera more. Richard bought me a lovely camera bag for my birthday so I definitely need to get out there and take some pictures.
9. Take on a project with Richard. We’ve decided to write a book together. It’s probably going to be a horror novel and really weird. We’ll see how it turns out or how far we get but the idea is fun.
10. Be healthier. I’m probably 5-10 lbs heavier than I should be and eat way too much dairy. It’ll be a pain in the ass to work on my diet but it’ll be worth it.
2014. Let’s do this.