Hello, 2016! Hello, WordPress!
What’s making me happy right now? My girl Aparna is back in the blogging world! I love reading Aparna’s blog posts. You must remember we became friends after talking on Twitter for a couple of months, so for her to have her blog back is a big deal. I love online, blogging Aparna as much (if not more… jk jk jk) as real life Aparna. Hopefully we can encourage each other to keep writing.
I am definitely one of “those” people who feel renewed when the calendar changes over. It’s really meaningless though. As Neil deGrasse Tyson tweeted on December 31:
INSIGNIFICANT, HE SAYS. But whatever, it may not mean anything in the greater scheme but I’m feeling good.
If you hadn’t caught on this is my annual resolution post. Usually I resolve to blog more, only to follow up with not blogging for the rest of the year. Whatever, I accept me as I am so you should too. I had some big goals last year… namely read 55 books, which I didn’t accomplish. That’s okay though, my time in the late summer was spent watching the Blue Jays make the postseason for the first time since 1999 or something ridiculous.
What’s on the agenda for 2016:
1. Read 55 books (Unless the Blue Jays make another run…)
2. Reach 100 hours of volunteering. I volunteered 60 hours of my time in 2015, with a late start and not as much commitment to a regular schedule, so I GOT THIS..
3. Get to work on time (If you’ve worked with me, or have ever needed me on time anywhere, this is a lifelong resolution to be punctual. I’m doing pretty good so far! I’ve only been 10 minutes late once this week and have mostly arrived around 8am. No one really cares if I arrive on time, people usually arrive anywhere between
4. Cook dinner once a week. I’m so spoiled by having a personal chef (Richard) that it’s only fair I give back and I figured once a week was reasonable. I’m 1/52!
5. Make a new friend. Not sure how to accomplish this one, other than continuing to meet up with people I’ve talked with on Twitter! Shout out to all of you!
6. Less negativity and stress. I have a pretty stress life when you look at it objectively, so what I really need to work on is just being more ‘chill’ about stuff that usually gets me riled up (I’m looking at you, Ann Arbor drivers!)
7. Make more memories with Richard and ‘the boys.’
All of my goals are measurable and attainable. We’re 1 week into January and I still feel the momentum I felt on NYE . Here’s to a happy, healthy, and productive 2016.